1.70 – black – 1995 – KWPN, DV, Old.
- KWPN Stallion of the Year 2017
- Proud sire of Valero, two times winner of Olympic Gold in London 2012 and winner of the Individual Gold medal in Rio de Janeiro 2016. Besides this Valero was European Champion, Worl Cup winner, World Champion, holder of the WorldRecord in the Grand Prix, Grand Prix Special and the Grand Prix Freestyle, KWPN horse of the year 2014 and most succesfull dressage horse ever.
- Competed up to Grand Prix dressage, proven to have all the top qualities as a sporthorse, unbelievable talent voor Piaffe and Passage and a remarkable workability.
- 2012: Awarded “Preferent” by the KWPN.
- In the HorseTelex Results Ranking (based on offspring competing at national and international levels) placed 5th as highest KWPN placed stallion, where sire Ferro is placed 7th.
- Sire of the 3 year old National Mare Champion 2016 Iveniz Texel RS2 (damm sire Krack C).
- Grandsire of the 2017 KWPN Stallion Show Champion Jameson RS2, damm Atilinda M (keur, pref, IBOP dressage by Negro) breeder: Stal 104, Wijdewormer.
- Sire of the 3 year stallion Jureno, accepted for the KWPN Performance test, Negro x Johnson x Vincent, breeder J. v.d. Broek, Hilvarenbeek.
Sire, “the black tyrant” Ferro is a topclass breeding stallion. Competed at all the international Championships for the Dutch dressage Team. Negros damm descents from a top damm line, combining the international stallions “Variant” and “Gondelier (keur)” with the top mares Fewrie (preferent, IBOP AA 92) and Mewrie, (keur, preferent, prestatie, sport) and Geerie (ster, preferent, prestatie) who stand for sport, model, strength and great quality.
Negro is winner of both the stallion competition in 2000 and 2001, he won the title “Young Stallion” (Zwolle 2001). During the 2001 World Championships in Verden Negro was the best 6-year-old KWPN horse.
Negro has successfully completed at small tour level. Of his four starts, he won three times.
His first start in the Big Tour, he won convincingly with a score of 72.50%, a super debut, showing his unparalleled talent for piaffe and passage.
The dressage index of Negro is 150 with a reliability of 92%.
50% of his offspring is registered as a sport horse, with numerous horses competing up to International Grand Prix. Off course we all know Valegro, may be the best Grand Prix horse ever. Besides him the horses Exquis Spargo†, Exquis Taikoen, Slegro, Numberto, Nintendo, Netto, Tigro, Taison, Validus, Vainqueur, Tigro, Tegro, Unico G, Vorst, Amazing, Alfranco, Zoë, Bufranco, Bailey, Willem-Alexander all competed Grand Prix. Negro offspring is highly appreciated because of there great character, workability, balance, rideabelity and off course the strong use of the hindlegg and there great potential for collection.
Negro’s children make a stir everywhere, with champions, approved stallions and daughters everywhere in the World.
Also through the powerful and positive influences of his genetics, he is becoming increasingly valued as a maternal sire.